In-Person Drop-Off Appointment
Due to safety recommendations regarding Covid-19, most (but not all) of our tax sites will be operating once again as drop-off sites. For the health and safety of everyone involved, you will likely not be able to sit next to or across from your tax preparer as they complete your tax return. The tax preparation process may vary depending on the tax site. At select sites you will give your documents to a preparer and you will wait in your car or a designated room while it is being prepared. Other sites may ask you to return at a designated day and time to pick up and sign your tax return. All sites will have capacity for a maximum of two (2) people at any given time to wait in the lobby if you are traveling by bus or arriving on foot and cannot easily return later.
If you received the Advanced Child Tax Credit you should receive IRS Letter 6419 that gives the amount of ACTC you received in 2021. Please bring that letter to your appointment if you received it.
All tax sites require an appointment this year - there will be no walk-in appointments.
List of Documents to Bring
Failure to bring all required documentation with you to your appointment will delay your assistance.
We require below documents:
- Photo ID: Driver License, Passport, Government-Issue Photo ID
- Social Security Cards for every person that will be listed on return (including children) or ITINS
- All tax documents that have been received for the tax year (including but not limited to: W2, 1095A, 1098T, 1098E, 1099R, 1099INT, 1099DIV, 1099MISC, 1099SSA, 1099B, 1099C)
- Last Year's Tax Return
- New this year, if you received a stimulus check or advance Child Tax Credit (CTC) payments, please be prepared to share the amount of those payments with your tax preparer
- Bank account and routing number if using direct deposit to receive tax refund
- If taxpayer has childcare expenses, need documentation of the amount paid, address of facility, and provider's Federal EIN number or provider's SSN
- Identity Protection PIN if the IRS has assigned one to you
Be prepared to share the amount of your stimulus payment with your tax preparer.
Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.